Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It's the most wonderful time of the year!



Every year, I have grand ideas of things I'd like to do w/my children. And every year, I put things off until it it too late. So, I've decided, when I have an idea, I call someone and invite them. That way, I am committed, and I won't back out. For some reason, I don't mind backing out of obligations w/ my children, but dread doing it w/ others...That is why I've decided to put myself on the spot. I will be better about that! Anyway, on Friday we had a few friends (ended up 25 children!) come over and decorate gingerbread houses and cinnamon ornaments. It was alot of fun. The best part for me, was that I didn't feel like I had to entertain anyone. And I was so busy helping w/ the ornaments, I didn't stress about Josh's house still being brown, or the fact that more candy got eaten than put on the houses. I did ask if I could help him, but I was told "No, it is perfect the way it is...It doesn't snow in Texas." But as soon as that was said, one of the girls that were here, said "Oh Josh, let me help you...." that twerp, said "Okay, what are you thinking?" She made him a gingerbread man to stand outside the house. His house was a Halloween house. But, really what did I expect? A house full of friends and candy?!? I am surprised anything got done. He found his house right after Halloween, and asked why all gingerbread houses had to look the same. So I told him it was fine, if he wanted to get and save it for Christmas...really, it was only "saved" for a month...can you believe it?



Brandon and a friend made a house, too, in true 13 yr old boy style...with an outhouse! Maybe we spent too much time out at Pioneer Farms.

I did buy a couple of houses from Ikea, but gave the to the our guests to decorate. After the dust settled, I realized there was one more for Brianna. We set it up on Saturday, and were going to finish decorating it on Sunday, after church. I didn't even think about it, until Sunday night, when I didn't see it anywhere. The boys didn't know where it was, so we assumed Ron had thrown it away because it was just on the island, w/out any decorations. Monday, I found remnants of it under the island. When Ron got home we all questioned him. Nope, not him....the culprit had to be the DOG! Checkers is the only one "tall" enough to have gotten it. That is way out of his character, though. Josh is just get a kitten (well, teenager), maybe they worked together?!?


No comments: