Wednesday, December 10, 2008

No Betty Crocker here!




I get on these kicks when I want to know I can make things from scratch. Not that I will continue, but I want to know I can. Last night, I told Brandon I was going to make eggnog he said, "Enough with the homemade stuff! Don't you remember the katchup?" That was my last try, a couple of weeks ago--it would've been better, but I "improvised." And, just now, Brianna wondered into my bed (it's early), and I told I made eggnog for breakfast, and her respnonse was "Does it taste like eggnog?" Now, that made me laugh. She is still asleep, and has the sense to ask the right question. If she'd asked does it LOOK like eggnog, I would've had to say "no." But it does taste like it. It was a lot more work, but cheaper, and just as good. But the boys will be the judge of that, I guess...probably in about 3 hours. This a before and after. Nobody has tasted the eggnog, it kinda deflated, I guess. It started a full gallon, ended, about a quart...so, it is not cheaper to make it...lesson learned. They are all afraid to taste it.

No comments: